TED Talks have become infamous over the last ten years. TED – short for Technology, Entertainment, and Design – began as a business conference in 1984 and has grown in popularity. TED talks are led by leaders and thinkers from industries and businesses all over the world, and in just 18 minutes or less, these speakers share their revolutionary thoughts on everything from art and science to business and innovation. The TED Talk platform slogan is “Ideas Worth Spreading” because of the inspiration and motivation that many draw from these presentations.
Here are some of the best TED Talks centered around business and leadership to start your new year, inspired by new and interesting ideas.
- How Great Leaders Inspire Action, by Simon Sinek: Why are some leaders effective at motivating their teams and others are not? The author and leadership expert shares examples of great leaders and defines their tactics for rallying their teams.
- Try Something New for 30 Days, by Matt Cutts: What better time to set out on a 30-day journey than at the beginning of a new year? Listen to Matt Cutts’, former Google team lead, story on establishing new habits, meeting goals, and the power of trying new things.
- How to Manage Collective Creativity, by Linda Hill: This Harvard business professor shares her insight into how creativity is important to everyone in every position, as well as advice for how to find the best ideas.
- The Happy Secret to Better Work, by Shawn Achor: Does work have to be such…hard work? Shawn Achor shares his thoughts on success, which includes how cultivating happiness can lead to better work and not the other way around.
- Tribal Leadership, by David Logan: Tribes have arguably existed since the beginning of humanity. How does this relate to modern business? Logan’s interesting lesson on tribal leadership helps business leaders understand how tribal tendencies help us work better as teams and as individuals.
Be the best business leader you can be this year.
Listening to this short list of podcasts will take you just over an hour – and provide you with days of thoughtful interaction and inspiration for your work and to pass on to your team. If you’re looking for more inspiration on how to build a better business this year, get in touch soon. We can help you build the most effective team to help support your company doing its best work in 2019 and beyond. Contact our top executive recruiters today to get started!